Many biotechnology companies and professionals across the world will convene at the Bio Convention 2017 at San Diego, USA on June 19th. Here is a short list of companies who have announced their participation.
By Team ABLE
1. Bonti: The CEO of Bonti, a California-based privately-held, clinical-stage biotechnology company, will present at the 2017 BIO International Convention in the Business Forum on Monday, June 19th at 4:15 PM (local time) in San Diego, CA.
The CEO will highlight Bonti’s lead product candidate, EB-001, which is a botulinum neurotoxin with a unique target profile, characterized by fast onset of action and short duration of effect. EB-001 is a biologic that treats root cause and does so without the side effects of opioids, EB-001 is seen as a potential solution to the current opioid epidemic in the U.S. In addition, the unique profile of EB-001 could be used in many new and existing aesthetic settings and would be complementary to existing products, potentially expanding the market significantly.
2. AmpliPhi Biosciences: AmpliPhi Biosciences Corporation that develops therapies to treat drug-resistant infections using bacteriophage-based technology, said that its CEO Dr. Paul Grint will present a company overview on June 21, 2017, at 2:15 p.m. Pacific time at the 2017 BIO International Convention. Dr. Grint will also participate in the panel session, “Adding Tools to the Toolbox: New Technologies to Overcome AMR Mechanisms,” on the same day beginning at 4:15 p.m. Pacific time.
3. Atreca: Atreca, a biotechnology company focused on developing novel therapeutics based on a deep understanding of the human immune response, has announced that Norman Michael Greenberg, Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, will participate in a panel discussion on immuno-oncology, being held during the 2017 BIO International Conference on Thursday, June 22, 2017, from 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. PT in San Diego, CA.
Atreca’s proprietary Immune Repertoire Capture technology profiles a patient’s immune response at the single-cell level at very high throughput essentially without bias or error, enabling the identification and generation of functional human antibodies and TCRs without prior knowledge of antigen.
4. Aethlon Medical: Aethlon Medical’s Chairman and CEO, Jim Joyce will present virus capture data from a recently concluded FDA-approved feasibility study that was designed to assess the safety of Aethlon Hemopurifier in health-compromised individuals infected with a viral pathogen.
Aethlon is a therapeutic technology company focused on unmet needs in global health and biodefense.
5. New Jersey to Showcase its Assets, Resources: A delegation representing more than 20 New Jersey organizations, including top life sciences companies, universities, trade associations, State government and Choose New Jersey Inc. will showcase New Jersey\'s assets and resources for biotechnology companies at the New Jersey Pavilion (Booth #1737) at BIO International 2017. During the conference, members of the New Jersey delegation will be holding business meetings with executives representing companies in North America, Europe and Asia interested in learning more about the benefits of a New Jersey location. Executives also will engage in informal discussions with New Jersey\'s top life sciences leaders at the Seventh Annual Choose New Jersey Reception the evening of Monday, June 19 to kick off BIO 2017.
Choose New Jersey is partnering with BioNJ, the Healthcare Institute of New Jersey (HINJ), the New Jersey Business Action Center and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) to sponsor the 1,500-square-foot New Jersey Pavilion at BIO 2017 in San Diego. Members of the delegation who will be represented in the Pavilion include life sciences companies Novartis, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Celgene, Helsinn and Evotec.