Applicants must be necessarily enrolled as students who are currently pursuing their masters (including 5 year integrated post graduate degree), doctoral degree, BE or B.Tech courses, 4yr BSc. Agri programme and other four/three year professional courses in the areas of life sciences (bioscience/ biotechnology/ biochem/ microbio / biophysics/ bioengineering/ food and/ or related subjects) from Indian universities/Institutes..
- There should be 5 members in a team
- At least two members in the team of five should have Life science background. In case where all the 5 team members are pursuing masters in other discipline/s (say Management), minimum two members should hold a life science undergraduate degree.
- Each team will submit only one entry. A participant can be a member of only one team.
- The proposals could be either for product, service or an application.
- Candidates selected in any of the previous BEST programs are not eligible for applying in current BEST edition.
The proposals will be screened stringently for plagiarism. If plagiarism is found at any given stage of the programme, the team will be debarred & the head of the institution will be notified.